BEC General Information
Core Team Members
- Jalan Setiajasa 1 – 5
- Jalan Setiabistari 1 – 4
- Lorong Setiabistari
We were initially with St. Joseph’s BEC in Medan Damansara which was formed with some 45 families in 1980. Archbishop Dominic Vendargon, while on a visit in 1984, suggested a split as he felt the, then, Medan BEC was too large.
St. Jude’s BEC was then inaugurated in early 1984. We have 24 families, 22 being Seniors and some 47 members. There are 8 retiree families. Generally some 7 to 12 members attend the meetings.
If you would like to become a member of this BEC, you can contact the Coordinator via the Parish Office at 03 2078 1876.
About Our Patron Saint, St Jude
Being a mainly retiree enclave, our activities are of a more sedentary nature, and inclined more, towards prayer, worship and fellowship.
Some of the activities over the years are as mentioned below:
- Visited the retired Nuns at the Holy Infant Jesus Convent at Cheras and organised games and food
- Volunteered our services to the Convent in preparation and service of meals
- Visited the squatter area in Ampang and gave gifts to the poor during Lent
- Visited Sr Bertha’s Kindergarten and Nnursery and donated the Lenten collection
- Donated to Sr Letitia’s Kindergarten in Kg Medan
- Pilgrimage to the Church of St. Francis Xavier and the Church of St. Peter in Malacca; Church of the Visitation in Seremban and Church of the Holy Family in Kajang in the Jubilee Year, 2002
- Sr Jane Koh led us in prayer and reflection focused on Jesus passion, death and resurrection, during one Lenten period
- Praise and worship evening led by Mervin Singam at Villa Maria kindergarten
- Helping out and leading the prayers at homes of deceased members
- Christmas party annually in the earlier years
- Fellowship to celebrate Father’s and Mother’s Day in the earlier years
- Caroling by the Youths
- Assisting at Carl’s Kitchen, a soup kitchen for the Homeless run by the Archdiocese of KL