March 4 – Chancery Notice Extracts
Written by Fr Michael Chia on 4th March 2020. Posted in Announcement & News
This is an extract from the Chancery Notice on March 4, 2020:
- Suspension on all public Penitential Services (with individual confessions) with immediate effect
- For any urgent requests for confession, kindly contact your parish office to make a personal appointment with the priest
In addition to the above suspension of Penitential Services, the following actions should be observed in all parishes, churches and mass centres in the Archdiocese.
- To reinforce the message that persons who are ill should not attend mass, gatherings or meetings
- Hand sanitiser dispensers should be placed at the entrances of the churches and chapels
- As per advisory from the Ministry of Health, it is highly recommended that anyone who has travelled to China, Korea, Japan, Italy and Iran should observe some form of self-quarantine up to a period of 14 days from the date of return to Malaysia.
- The elderly, tihe sick and vulnerable persons are exempted from Mass. They are encouraged to follow the LIVE broadcast – http;//Tv.Archkl.org
- Scale down on the number of meetings (or shorten the meetings to an hour or less) to avoid any non-essential gatherings e.g. coffee mornings